Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

I received a speeding ticket in Utah, it was

Customer Question
Hello, I received a speeding...
Hello, I received a speeding ticket in Utah, it was for goingn 89 in an 80, how will this effect my Colorado License in terms of points? And how will it effect my insurance? I have heard that Colorado does not report out of state tickets at all.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Traffic Law
7/29/2015
Traffic Lawyer: Thelawman2, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer
Colorado only assesses points on your license when there are major violations out-of-state, such as DUI/DWIs, reckless driving, vehicular homicide. Going 9 mph over the speed limit in Utah should not result in any points on your license. As for your insurance, it will really depend on your insurance company's policies. If they raise rates solely based on points, then there won't be an issue. However, they may look at your overall driving record and raise rates based on tickets. I hope this has been helpful. If so, please provide positive feedback!
Thelawman2
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer