How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 102340
Experience:  Private practice
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to get a pa. drivers license. Prison time served, fines

Customer Question

I want to get a pa. drivers license. Prison time served, fines paid, $25 paid to penndot. I went to DOT yesterday, they said the court must certify to penndot that prison term is completed. We tried this, but can't find anyone to do this. who should we contact?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not to participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.I am sorry to hear about this situation. At this point, are you on probation, or not?This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not on probation for the last 5 years.
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Review the information HERE. "If you have completed the process for an Act 122 but PennDOT does not have notification that your jail time was completed, contact your probation officer and ask them to complete an Act 151. It will be helpful if you are able to provide the dates in which you were incarcerated."Your PO simply did not forward the paperwork. They should do this if they did not at the time when they had to.I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.