How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CriminalDefense Your Own Question
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 27538
Experience:  10 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
CriminalDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My cousin bought a car and his license was suspended so I did

Customer Question

my cousin bought a car and his license was suspended so I did a favor by putting the car in my name he now owes me over $1500 and will not change the title over into his name what can I do
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good evening. Why does he owe you $1500 at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

he needed help with rent for one month which cost me $950 and he owes me 500 for living with me the first three months of this year

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I want the car for the amount he owes I have no transportation

Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information. The problem is that one thing has nothing to do with the other. You did him a favor by putting the car in your name and there was nothing agreed upon making and doing this, upon the condition that he pay you the money he owed. If you want the money, you would need to sue him. If you keep the car and/or sell it, then he could sue you, since you keeping the car was never agreed to and you told him you would do it but had an ulterior motive. If you keep the car, then he would have to go after and sue you for specific performance .