How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thelawman2 Your Own Question
Thelawman2, Lawyer
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 1372
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Thelawman2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a suspended license to appear to court on

Customer Question

I have a suspended license for failure to appear to court on a minor violation. They sent me warnings and i let it get suspended. Do i 1st need to go to the court and pay the fine, get an abstract and then the DMV to get the license reinstated? It happened in DownTown LA, can I go to any court to pay the fines/fees to get the abstract? What as an attorney can you do to help me with this situation? what would the fees be for this help if needed? Thank you, seth
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 1 year ago.
Getting your license reinstated is a fairly easy process. If you failed to pay a traffic citation and failed to appear in court for traffic ticket: 1. Pay your citations. You will be given an FTP/FTA abstract that says you fulfilled this requirement from the court. There may be a civil assessment for failure to appear of $300. 2. Pay the standard reissuance fee of $55.00 to the DMV.
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 1 year ago.
You will need to pay the fee with the court who ordered you to appear.

Related Traffic Law Questions