How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 29820
Experience:  Lawyer. Former judicial law clerk. Worked for District Attorney's Office in Traffic Court.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a resident of NC that got caught in a speed trap on

Customer Question

I am a resident of NC that got caught in a speed trap on Memorial Day...doing 88 in a 70 mph zone (cars were passing me but I was last in the lane I was in going around a truck)..does TN report to NC? I haven't gotten a ticket in over 20 years and I don't want my insurance to go I need counsel?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
Yes, Tennessee will report the ticket to North Carolina if you are convicted or if you pay the ticket. North Carolina will treat it as if the ticket were received in NC. Most people's insurance increases when they get a ticket, but it's up to the insurance company. You may want to ask them.
A lawyer may be able to help you reduce the ticket. Another time a lawyer can be helpful if is you aren't able to get back to Tennessee for the court date: sometimes they can appear for you. So you might want to talk to some lawyers in the county where you were ticketed to see if it'll be worth paying the fee.
It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Thank you.