How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CriminalDefense Your Own Question
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 28347
Experience:  10 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
CriminalDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a failure to comply traffic summons from 10/7/2013 I'd

Customer Question

I have a failure to comply traffic summons from 10/7/2013 I'd like to take care of. Is there any chance of avoiding the corresponding points against my driving record by hiring an attorney? My FL license is currently suspended for 18 points within 18 months effective 10/21/2013 and again for "Fr Points" effective 11/18/2013 with a case number ***** as###-##-#### ***** also have 2 additional failure to comply traffic summons in NY and in NC.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 2 years ago.
Good morning. Just to be clear, these citations were from 2013 and your concern at this time is answering them and resolving them and wanting to avoid the points?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, that is correct. I was inquiring via the GA DMV website as that is the 1st state of the 3 where I've a failure to comply summons. I've provided the info on the additional 2 summons as well as the reason reflected for the two suspensions attempting to provide the whole scenario in order to receive the best possible advice based upon my situation.
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information. In order to avoid any points, the matter would need go to before the court and you would need to contest this. For that to happen, a motion would need to be filed with the court and the matter would have to be set. Now, the problem is that this was benefit you tremendously and give you a potential unfair advantage, based upon the age of the case and the ability of the Officer to no longer recollect what happened or even be on the force and able to appear to testify. It would be at the discretion of the Judge to set these and allow you to answer to them. If not, they would have to be paid and the points would be assessed accordingly. I know you need to avoid the points but the court may not allow these to be set and go to trial at this point, based upon your intentional failure to answer to them.
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 2 years ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!