How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CriminalDefense Your Own Question
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 28334
Experience:  10 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
CriminalDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a speeding citation on 7/1/15 and cannot find it

Customer Question

I received a speeding citation on 7/1/15 and cannot find it on the hawaii traffic violation website, searching both by citation number and license number. Does that mean it was never entered?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 2 years ago.
Yes, it is possible that the Officer never turned it in and filed it. If you have the citation number and it is not appearing and nothing is revealed when using your license number either, the last thing to do is to confirm and contact the clerk of court, in the county where it was issued and allow them to check. It could take up to 30 days to appear, so it may be a matter of time before it does, so you do want to check every day, to see when it was entered. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 2 years ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!