How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 118809
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I check eligibility in wisconsin. I now live

Customer Question

I check for reinstatement eligibility in wisconsin. I now live out of state. The check came back that I am eligible and if I return to WI I would need SR22. Does this mean they will issue me a license and I am done? What about interlok etc...
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If WI is saying you can be eligible and would need SR-22 insurance and an interlock, it means you can get your license in another state and they would impose their guidelines on you for reinstatement (since WI no longer has a hold on your license) which will mean still SR-22 insurance and your new state's requirement for the interlock device. So yes, if WI is telling you that you are eligible, you have to prove that to the new state and they will have restrictions on your license as well as would have WI if you reinstated it in WI.