How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 30365
Experience:  Lawyer. Former judicial law clerk. Worked for District Attorney's Office in Traffic Court.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Minnesota. I would like to report an individual

Customer Question

I live in Minnesota. I would like to report an individual who has a restricted DL no-alcohol. EVER. Has been drinking and driving ever since and I believe he is a public safety hazard.
What should I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
If you know that the person in question is drinking & driving at a given moment, you can call 911 and tell them there's a drunk driver at a specific intersection or driving down X road. (You may also want to see if it's possible to detain the person and stop them from driving before police arrive.) You can also call the non-emergency number and tell them what you know. If this person is on probation or parole (which they often are to have that type of license), police can contact the PO, who will investigate.
Police can also notify the DMV, who may decide to hold a hearing to revoke the restricted license. They may want you to testify at the hearing.
It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Thank you.