How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 118764
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Lost pink, purchased truck and sent title to s dakota to register

Customer Question

lost pink, purchased truck and sent title to s dakota to register there and it was lost in the mail. it was purchased and the old owner signed it and i filled out the papers including pink slip and sent it but it never got to its destination
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you contacted the old owner, because they are going to need to file for a duplicate title for you. If they do not obtain a duplicate title so you can file to register it in SD, then your only other way to resolve this is filing a suit to quiet title in court and presenting your proof of purchase to the court to get a court order which would place you into ownership of the vehicle so you could obtain title.