Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Many years ago, I believe I got a ticket out of state, possibly

Customer Question

Many years ago, I believe I got a ticket out of state, possibly in Ohio. All I know is that my license is not being renewed because I did not pay an out of state ticket years ago. I don't know exactly where I got the ticket because I was on an extended road trip about three years ago, and I simply cannot remember. How do I find my lost ticket info?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details. Have you contacted motor vehicles to enquire?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have, but I have not received a response yet. Only info online is for state. I am clear on those.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: The DMV of the State refusing to renew your license because of outstanding ticket should be able to tell you the State that issued the ticket and how you can resolve the issue. You can contact the State of Ohio DMV since you suspect that you might have gotten the ticket there to see if there is any information in their database regarding the ticket. You may have to contact several States DMVs of the States involved in your interstate travels to find out exactly where the ticket was issued. Once the lost ticket is located, you can then pay off the ticket to proceed with your license renewal.