Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer. Former judicial law clerk. Worked for District Attorney's Office in Traffic Court.
26798026

I was t by a t an run driver what are my options ? their car

Customer Question

i was hit by a hit an run driver what are my options ? their car was left behind but they ran on foot. The car was'nt stolen.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.
If you called the police, they should be able to get the driver's identity from the license plate number, and that information will be included in the police report. Police should also be able to help you get his address. A local attorney could also help you get records from the DMV associated with that vehicle.
One option, if you have insurance, is to call them, tell them what happened, and see what they can do to assist. They might be able to pay to fix your car and then go after the driver themselves. Or you have the ability to sue the other driver
It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Thank you.