Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I am the owner of a car that I lost the title to it is

Customer Question
regisred in the state of...
I am the owner of a car that I lost the title to it is regisred in the state of texas but I now live in texas I know that I can get a copy from texas DMV thru the mail but they are requesting a copy of mt driver licenses but it is suspended and thet also
need a copy of my passport which is expired so what other options do I have
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Traffic Law
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/4/2015
Traffic Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In order to obtain a duplicate title, you must have some form of photo ID. If your license is suspended, then a passport or other acceptable form of ID is required.
Under Texas law, the following are acceptable forms of ID and you have to produce one of them:
• Driver license or state identification certificate issued by a state or territory of the United States;
• U.S. or foreign passport;
• U.S. military ID;
• North Atlantic Treaty Organization ID;• identification issued under a Status of Forces Agreement;
• U.S. Department of Homeland Security ID;
• U.S. Department of State ID; or
• U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services identification document.
did you not read my question I clearly stated that both his licenses AND PASSPORGT ARE NOT VALID HIS LICENSES IS SUSPEND HIS PASSPORT HAS EXPIRED SO THAT WHY I AM ASKING YOU FOR INFORMATION AROUND THE PROBLEM
Thank you for your reply.
I am afraid that if the passport is more than 12 months expired and your license is suspended, then you need to apply for a state ID and use that, but those are your options. The options for ID come straight from the TX DMV handbook and those are the rules. You can bring your expired passport and bring them other forms of ID like your SS card as well, but I provided you the only forms they MUST accept, any anything else would be up to the discretion of the supervisor at DMV.