How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 117358
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I lost my license in 1996 do to a law suit judgment out of

Customer Question

I lost my license in 1996 do to a law suit judgment out of New Mexico from a car accident. New Mexico stutute of limitations ended after 14 years, Arizona will not release my license with out a non remewal letter from New Mexico. I requested a court hearing in New Mexico Court, the Judge responded back that this is no longer in there jurihat can I do or talk to to resolve this issue ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In order to get the lien released, you will need to file a motion to vacate judgment lien, because it was sent to NM DMV and NM DMV is going to need an order from the NM court to vacate that judgment lien. I do not know what type of motion you already filed, but that is generally the motion you would file based on the judgment not being renewed in 14 years pursuant to NMSA 1978 §37-1-1 et seq.