How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Huband, Esq. Your Own Question
S. Huband, Esq.
S. Huband, Esq., Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 1628
Experience:  Experienced, and knowledgeable attorney.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
S. Huband, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got a traffic ticket light nor working. Should I appear before a judge in

Customer Question

hi . I got a traffic ticket for tail light nor working. Should I appear before a judge in the court .
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Court date is Aug 12th. I will be on vacation at that time. outside the country
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is***** should first mark the ticket "Not Guilty", send it in and ask for a hearing date. Then,
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Then, if the police officer who gave you the ticket does not show up on the hearing date you are home free. If he does show up you will have the chance to cross examine him. But, either way, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.If I have not Answered your question, please feel free to ask me for further clarification, If I have Answered your question, Please be kind enough to leave a positive rating, It will NOT cost you anything, but it is the only way that JustAnswer will give me credit for assisting you. Bonus and Positive Feedback are very much appreciated, Kindest Regards, ANDREA
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
After fixing the tail light whom can I ask to certify on the ticket.
Expert:  S. Huband, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the opportunity to assist you. I got a message that you requested me to help you with this matter.
First, get your tail light fixed. Second, get a police officer to verify and certify that the tail light was fixed. It does not have to be the same officer who gave you the ticket. Third, take the ticket to court along with your proof of having fixed the light (which the officer signed), pay the dismissal fee, and the matter is taken care of.
This page gives you the information you need:
I hope my response has been helpful. If you have follow-up questions or concerns on this topic, please ask. I'll get back to you as quickly as I can, although I may not be online at the moment you respond.
Otherwise, I hope you will rate my answer positively as that is the ONLY way I receive credit for my work, and doing so will NOT cost you an additional fee.
Best wishes to you, Customer
Expert:  S. Huband, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again,
I'm writing to follow up on your question. I see you recently viewed my answer, but you didn't issue a rating. If you need clarification about my answer, please ask. Otherwise, please let me know what else I can do, if anything, to earn a positive rating from you.
Thanks again for using our service! Customer