Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I got a speeding ticket 19 mph over the limit 47

Customer Question

I got a speeding ticket for going 19 mph over the limit 47 minutes passed my driving curfew. Is it more beneficial to me to hire a traffic lawyer to take this case to court, or do an online driving class? My biggest worry is getting points on my license and raising my insurance rates.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: It depends on your situation. If you dispute the ticket, then it is prudent to retain the services of a local traffic Attorney to assist you with the case. However, if you do not dispute the ticket, then you can go to traffic school. In most instances, going to traffic school may result in points NOT being added to your record; your insurance premium would not go up, your policy would not be cancelled. For more information, click on the link below:
http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/bdis.html