Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My illinois license was suspended in 1999. I was eligible for

Customer Question

My illinois license was suspended in 1999. I was eligible for reinstatement in 2003. I moved from Illinois to Georgia and have been fighting for information ever since. I have completed SEVERAL out of state packets, including payment of $50.00 each time. When contacting the dmv I was told I was just denied my license but never given a reason. Then told to once again complete an out of state packet, never resolving the issue. I am on a fixed income due to disability. I can not continue to waste money and time on this matter. I need direct answers about clearing my license there in order to have one here in Georgia
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response:When your application for license is denied, you must be given a reason for the denial so that you would know what specific steps you need to take to resolve the issue. If you are not being told the reason for the denial, then no Attorney can assist you with the case. You need to go to the agency that is denying your application and specifically ask the reason for the denial. If the denial stems from your license suspension in Illinois back in 1999, then you need to contact Illinois Secretary of State's Office to make sure that your suspension has infact been lifted. Otherwise, your suspension must be cleared before you can get a license in another State. Click on the link below for more information:
http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/drivers/basicfees.html