Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

My dad is 88 years old and has a good driving record. He had…

Customer Question
My dad is 88 years...
My dad is 88 years old and has a good driving record. He had an accident last weekend outside of John Day Oregon with no other vehicles involved. He apparently got into the soft shoulder of the road and lost control of his vehicle and flipped. The officer issued him a ticket for failure to keep vehicle under control. He's worried about the DMV revoking his drivers license because of his age. Should he get a lawyer to try to have the ticket changed to a non moving violation
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Traffic Law
6/22/2015
Traffic Lawyer: Samuel-II, Attorney replied 3 years ago
Samuel-II
Samuel-II, Attorney
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.I suggest that if your Father has a valid DL and he has it because he passed all the tests, then the only way the DMV can revoke his license after this accident is if his insurance drops him OR is a family member requests an investigation, evaluation and determination if he is still a reliable driver.
I suggest you can discuss this with a local attorney, but if he was driving it is going to be a moving violation and I don't see any way around that. I am glad your Dad was not injured.