Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I bought a used vechical in Roanoke va .00 test drove

Customer Question
I bought a used vechical...
I bought a used vechical in Roanoke va for 3100.00 test drove drove good bought it got a half hour home to cana va transmission went out contact dealer this morning only willing to give 300. back what should I do
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Traffic Law
6/15/2015
Traffic Lawyer: CriminalDefense, Attorney replied 2 years ago
CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. Was there any warranty given on it or was the vehicle sold "as is"?

vechical was as is

Brenda, thank you for the additional information. When a vehicle is sold "as is", the seller makes no promises or guarantees as to the vehicle, its condition or its performance. You take the vehicle in its current condition, when you buy it. However, it is VERY odd that the issue with the transmission happened 30 mins after buying it, which leads me to believe that something suspicious may have happened with the seller and doing something to hold it together until the sale and then claiming it was bad time. Yes it really could have been the case and if so, there is nothing you can do. However, if you take the car to a mechanic and have it inspected, they can determine if something was done to it to mislead or defraud you and essentially trick you into purchasing it, thinking the car was in good condition. You can demand the money back and if they refuse and you discover they did something to it, sue them for damages.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!
CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney