How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legalease Your Own Question
Legalease, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 16379
Experience:  15 years exp in driving issues
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Legalease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My drive License was suspended because of fraud documentation.

Customer Question

My drive License was suspended because of fraud documentation. I went to the hearing and I got my full license back. however still shows on my drive record and is blocking me to be accepted on a new job. What can I do to remove that from my background?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 2 years ago.
Hello there -
I am in Massachusetts and practice here. Under these circumstances, in order to get this record purged from your driving record, the hearings officer must have found you not responsible (or not guilty) completely. If that is what happened, then you need to contact the RMV to get an appeals form to either purge or seal the charge in the RMV records. If you were found to be not responsible at the original hearing, the RMV may simply purge it at your request when you file the appeals paperwork. You should contact your local RMV to request instructions and paperwork in order to complete and file the paperwork.
If this was actually a matter that was heard in the local district court and not at an RMV hearing, then you can get the paperwork to seal or purge the charges from your record at the clerk's office at the district court where your case was handled and heard. Again, the clerk and the court may simply review the paperwork and approve the sealing of the record or the court may request that you come in for an additional hearing before they do so (this is up to the discretion of the judge reviewing the case).
Please let me know if you have further questions. If not, can you please press a positive rating below so I will receive credit for my time.