Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I recently slipped on spilled laundry detergent at home in…

Customer Question
I recently slipped on spilled...
I recently slipped on spilled laundry detergent at home in the night. I had gotten up to go to the bathroom. After falling I felt a bump on the top of my head, a brused left arm and a skinned right elbow. I got in the shower to wash of and shampooed my hair. Then I got back into bed to resume my nights sleep. When I woke up in the morning I decided to wait until my family ( adults all ) got home from work in the late afternoon to have them look at my head since the bump was where I couldn't see it. I was also nausiated mildly for about a day. They took me to the hospital where all the tests and scans in creation were administered and one Doc said it had to be reported to DMV ( California ) . Now what do I do regarding DMV. Do they send a form to the doctor who will OK me. Do I go to DMV. How long will this take?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Traffic Law
6/7/2015
Traffic Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If the CA DMV suspends your license for medical reasons, which is what will happen if the doctor reports that you are currently unfit to drive based on your head injury, then you will have to apply for a reinstatement when the doctor finally clears you and states your injury is healed and you are safe to drive again. The doctor will have to fill out a form for DMV certifying you are cleared to drive again and can safely operate your vehicle and the DMV will then reinstate your license.

Details: Does the Doc already have this DMV Form or does the DMV have to send it to me or the Doc to have it filled out? Do I have to go to the DMV to get the form first?

Thank you for your reply.

They need to fill out this form: https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/connect/f92586ac-be7a-456b-af31-b35acc029982/ds326.pdf?MOD=AJPERES

Then you need to bring it to DMV for your reinstatement.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney