How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 118635
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get my car back in MN? My son was pulled over for

Customer Question

How do I get my car back in MN? My son was pulled over for a traffic violation - I am unclear what happened next - they have had my car for over a week - no arrest or ticket of my son? they called me a week later (7 days) asking if my son had permission to drive my car, yes. she said they had found "narcotics" and towed my car - that my son had another person in the car - and that is all she would tell me as he is an adult age 22. help!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the car was used in commission of a criminal offense then the only one who can release the car is the DA or the courts, since the use of a car in a drug offense is basis for seizing the car. See:
At this point, you are going to need an attorney to first discuss the release of the vehicle and if the DA insists on seizure of the vehicle under the asset forfeiture laws, you will have to file a petition in the court to get the vehicle released from asset forfeiture.