CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Experience:  10 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases
9540344

Should i fight my ticket. I received a ticket on the 19th of may and u

Customer Question

Should i fight my ticket. I received a ticket on the 19th of may and unknowingly i didnt have car insurance because it was my first year of college and i left my car at home to sit so my mom canceled my policy and i wasnt aware and as soon as i realized i didnt have car insurance i got car insurance
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good evening. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. This is something you may want to appear in court for and see if the State would be willing to dismiss the charge, as a result of you correcting the matter. Even though it was a mistake, it is not a legal defense to driving without insurance, as it is the responsibility of the driver to make sure they vehicle is properly insurance. It is at the discretion of the State to dismiss the case, so maybe they will take the correction and you obtaining insurance as a mitigating factor. I have also provided a link below, to show you what the penalties could be.
http://publicsafety.ohio.gov/links/bmv3135.pdf
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!