Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Person claims I hit him with my car.I did not do so and now…

Customer Question
person claims I hit him...
person claims I hit him with my car.I did not do so and now police charge me with leaving
the scene of an accident.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Traffic Law
5/29/2015
Traffic Lawyer: CriminalDefense, Attorney replied 3 years ago
CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. Can you share with me why he would make this claim? Where did it take place?
To obtain money damages from my insurance carrier.This took place in a parking lot parked head in with a small walkway
in front ot vehicle
So he is claiming you actual hit him with your car? Or did you hit his car? If so, did he confront you then and you just left? Did he say he was calling the police?
This was a pedestrian on this walkway.When I stopped the car at the walkway he was not in the path of the front area of the car but made a leaping motion backward.He then proceeded to the middle of the front of the car and started texting his phone
he appeared to emotionally shaken and I said are your alright?He did not say he was calling the police.
Thank you for the additional information. It is possible that he almost got hit and was shaken up but that you did not strike him with your car. Moreover, if you spoke with him and he was alright and did not need to call 911 or the police, then there was no obligation to stay. Had you hit him or he claimed to be hit and in need of help, then there would have been an obligation to stay and render aid and call the police or 911. However, you shared that you did not hit him, he never said he was hit or injured, so it is odd why you are being charged. Now, he may have told the police something different, which is the reason for this, so your attorney is going to need to make a demand for discovery and read the report and what he claims to have happened. You can then defend it. He may also be trying to commit fraud here and get money, so the extent of his damages and injuries need to be known and if they are a result of getting struck by a car.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!