How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Huband, Esq. Your Own Question
S. Huband, Esq.
S. Huband, Esq., Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 1628
Experience:  Experienced, and knowledgeable attorney.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
S. Huband, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just found out my driver license was suspended in 2013 because the police recorded I hav

Customer Question

I just found out my driver license was suspended in 2013 because the police recorded I have no insurance during a car accident (with a ticket). I have all the documents to prove that I have insurance, they paid for the car accident and I paid the ticket also. I was hospitalized right after the accident and the car is totaled. I did not know when the license was suspended. What should I do now?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  S. Huband, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the opportunity to assist you.

Q) What should I do now?

You need to get your license restored. Check this link for help. This guide tells you what to do to achieve license restoration.

As to what you have to do in particular, that's more difficult to say. Try these suggestions and see if any apply to you:

1. Check the page labeled "7" under court suspension
2. Check the page labeled "14" under non-compliance suspension
3. Check the page labeled "16" under security suspension

Follow the directions under the section or sections which you think best fits your situation. If you wind up going to the BMV, check the page labeled "25" for the closest office near you.

I hope my response has been helpful. If you have follow-up questions or concerns on this topic, please ask. I'll get back to you as quickly as I can, although I may not be online at the moment you respond.

Otherwise, I hope you will rate my answer positively as that is the ONLY way I receive credit for my work, and doing so will NOT cost you an additional fee.

Best wishes to you,<br/Customer