Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Is there a drivers license compact between Quebec and Verm…

Customer Question
Is there a drivers license...

Is there a drivers license compact between Quebec and Vermont? If convicted of a DUI in Vermont will license be revoked in Quebec?

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Traffic Law
5/21/2015
Traffic Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Vermont does not have a driver's license compact with Quebec. The person's ability to drive will be suspended in Vermont. If you're caught driving in Vermont with a suspended license, you'll be charged with a misdemeanor.

Canada does not allow a person with a DUI conviction to enter the country, so if you are not a Canadian citizen, that could cause additional problems. The DUI has to be disclosed at the border if they ask (but they may not ask if you're a citizen).
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer