Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer. Former judicial law clerk. Worked for District Attorney's Office in Traffic Court.
26798026

Can a cop pull u over a know drug house in Utah

Customer Question

Can a cop pull u over for leaving a know drug house in Utah or runs your plate but the owner of vehicle is sup.but does not see drivèr 11:30 at night but owner is know to drive vehicle
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
A police officer is allowed to stop someone if he has probable cause to believe the person committed a crime. It is possible that he'd have probable cause to believe that a crime occurred if a person was visiting a known drug house, especially if he were in and out in just a couple of minutes, or left carrying a package.
Police may always run license plates of vehicles seen in traffic, because there is no right of privacy in things the public at large can see. Anyone can view a license plate - they're not private.
If the known owner of a given vehicle has a warrant for his arrest, then they could stop the car for that reason - otherwise, there would have to be some other reason.
If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply without rating so I may address them. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively to redirect a portion of the payment you have already made so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.