Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have a speeding ticket I forgot about that has put a restriction

Customer Question

I have a speeding ticket I forgot about that has put a restriction on my license. It's a couple years old. I am trying to resolve this but I can't find which county I got it to contact them. I do have the ticket number though. Where or who do I talk to about solving this?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: You need to contact Ohio BMV for information on the County. Click on the link below for contact information:
http://www.publicsafety.ohio.gov/contacts.stm
You may also try to see if you can find the information from your driving record. Click on the link below to access your record:
https://ext.dps.state.oh.us/BMVOnlineServices.Public/DLVerification.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fBMVOnlineServices.Public%2fSecure%2fDriverAbstract.aspx&CookieCheck=true
We do not offer legal representation on this site.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have tried to contact Ohio dmv and they said they couldn't find any outstanding ticket. But Washington state has the restrictions on my license. I have also tried to get a hold of Washington dmv. I just can't find which county or traffic court I'm supposed to get a hold of. Is there a way to find which traffic court I'm supposed to contact by the ticket number?
Regrettably, I do not have any additional information for you. So, I will opt out and give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.