How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 118286
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee is part of a recall ignition

Customer Question

Our 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee is part of a recall for an ignition switch. Ours currently is broken and will not start. Chrysler stopped producing parts that would fix this and has yet to engineer the new part. Our car has been at the dealership fro four weeks. Do we have any recourse?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If there has been a recall and the manufacturer cannot repair the product, then they have to buy it back from you at current book value. So if they are not able to fix the new part and do not have parts available or a part cannot be found online or in a junk yard, then you have a basis to sue them for product liability law, which holds them strictly liable for all defects and if it renders their product inoperable or unsafe to operate, they are liable for that.