Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

I recently (4/28/15) was stopped 57mph in a 35mph

Customer Question

I recently (4/28/15) was stopped for speeding 57mph in a 35mph zone in Vermilion, OH. I was told by the Officer it was my 3rd ticket in a 12 month period, (but the 1st in Vermilion) and would therefore need to appear in court and my ticket is classified as an M-4. My court date is set for 5/21/15 at 4pm. Since then, I was stopped yesterday doing 80mph in a 60mph zone on I-480 in Brooklyn, OH, and was also charged with a Turn-Signal violation during a lane change. That Officer did not know about the ticket on 4/28, and stated it wa my 3rd in 12 months, and therefore required a Court appearance.
In reflecting on why I got 4 tickets in 12 months, I can only say that my Mother died on Oct 12, 2014. That's when I got the 1st ticket. The most recent 2 tickets occurred around the time my brothers and I took my Mom's ashes to her hometown for a burial ceremony, as well as Sunday being Mothers Day. I have been grieving.
Please advise. Thank you. Thomas
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
My deepest sympathies for your loss.
What is your specific question?
We do not give legal advice on this site. We offer general legal information. If you ask a question, I can attempt to answer it for you.
Thank you for your cooperation.