Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney
Experience:  18+ years of high-volume criminal defense work from arraignment through plea or trial.
18321761

I received my 2nd dui in illinois several years ago. I have

Customer Question

Hi I received my 2nd dui in illinois several years ago. I have completed all the probation requirements. I am now a florida resident. I went to get a license and they said illinois has to clear my license before I can get one in Florida. I'm not sure what to do now since I do not live in illinois.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
You're going to have to produce something from Illinois that shows you have no outstanding obligations in Illinois and that Illinois has reinstated your driving privileges. Otherwise, you won't be able to get a license anywhere in the country.
Call the Illinois DMV. Make it clear to them that you are now living in Florida but must clear your license before Florida will grant you one. They will tell you what they will require of you, because just waiting out the suspension period and successfully completing probation and closing out your case does not, all by itself, reinstate your driving privileges.