How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 27488
Experience:  18+ years of high-volume criminal defense work from arraignment through plea or trial.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received my 2nd dui in illinois several years ago. I have

Customer Question

Hi I received my 2nd dui in illinois several years ago. I have completed all the probation requirements. I am now a florida resident. I went to get a license and they said illinois has to clear my license before I can get one in Florida. I'm not sure what to do now since I do not live in illinois.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
You're going to have to produce something from Illinois that shows you have no outstanding obligations in Illinois and that Illinois has reinstated your driving privileges. Otherwise, you won't be able to get a license anywhere in the country.
Call the Illinois DMV. Make it clear to them that you are now living in Florida but must clear your license before Florida will grant you one. They will tell you what they will require of you, because just waiting out the suspension period and successfully completing probation and closing out your case does not, all by itself, reinstate your driving privileges.