Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

If a person that hit my vehicle had no insurance and was issued

Customer Question
a mandatory court date with...
If a person that hit my vehicle had no insurance and was issued a mandatory court date with citation, how can i get my out of pockets paid at that time from her
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Traffic Law
5/5/2015
Traffic Lawyer: Andrea, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Hi, and Thank you for your question, In Answer to your question, normally when a driver is issued a ticket for a traffic violation and for not carrying automobile insurance, the Judge will only hear the case against the motorist for his traffic violations. But, you can work it out so that the other driver pays you. Ideally, you would file a Complaint against the other driver and ask the Court Clerk to give you a hearing date that is the same date on which the Judge will hear the driver's case for his tickets. In this way you will be able to "strike while the iron is hot" and at the same time that the Judge is in the right frame of mind regarding the other tickets that the driver was issued. The law requires that the person being sued have "Notice" of claims that will be brought against him so that he has the opportunity to enter a defense, if he or she has one. You can include all your damages and out of pocket costs at the same date and time as the other driver's traffic citations will be adjudicated. ____________________________________________________________________________________________Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to give me a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding, Positive Feedback and Bonus are very much appreciated, If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, Please rate a 10 as it gives me a greater opportunity to assist other customers on this website and is greatly appreciated, Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you, ANDREA
Ely, Attorney