SoloLawyer
SoloLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  I help clients deal with traffic tickets on a weekly basis.
18210975

My license has been suspended since 2011 and I Havent paid

Customer Question

My license has been suspended since 2011 and I Havent paid any surcharges. I was caught speeding not knowing my license was suspended so I have court fees for not showing up for court. Im nervous about facing jail time. I also have court fees in another town. what should I do?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  SoloLawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today. Driving with a suspended license does not carry jail time in New Jersey for a first offense. This means that at most, you're facing fines and penalties and a possibly a further suspension of your license. "What should I do?" is an extremely broad question, but I assume you mean what's the best way to get your license back as quickly as possible. The answer to that would be to pay all of your fines and penalties and never get back behind the wheel while your license is suspended. The fees in the other town may be able to be paid over the phone, so I would call the clerk of court and ask how to get those paid. I hope this helps. If you valued my time, I'd love a positive review. I'll be happy to follow up until you're completely satisfied.Michael