How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SoloLawyer Your Own Question
SoloLawyer, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 3471
Experience:  I help clients deal with traffic tickets on a weekly basis.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
SoloLawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a question on the easiest way to reinstate my

Customer Question

Hello, I had a question on the easiest way to reinstate my license. I got a "no right turn on red" back in 2010 I believe and i had a series of events that happened throughout that time that prevented me from paying it financially. Eventually I forgot about it so i'm sure fees have acumilated and a suspension was done. Its been some years, and I don't have anything else on my record. Can you please advise on the best direction? since I think the fees have gone to collections but this was back in 2011 I believe. If you have an idea on the fees that would be great as well. My License number is ***** My name is***** is my birthday and my social is XXXXXX I dont know if that helps but thank you

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  SoloLawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. The first step is to call your local DMV to inquire about the suspension. They should have the tickets/courts on file that are holding you back. Second, call that court and find out the fines that need to be paid and whether you need to pay them at the court or with the collection agency and whether there are any other requirements you need to fulfill. Once those fines/fees are paid, ask for a copy of the "jacket", or court file, marking the fees paid, and deliver that back to the DMV. The DMV may have to wait on official word from the court, which usually takes a lot longer. I hope this helps! If you valued my time, I'd love a positive review. I'll be happy to follow up until you're completely satisfied.Michael