How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 29981
Experience:  Lawyer. Former judicial law clerk. Worked for District Attorney's Office in Traffic Court.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

10 days ago i was driving on Route which has limit of 50 miles

This answer was rated:

10 days ago i was driving on Route which has limit of 50 miles & I want to take Left Turn, but due to Fence & Plants on railing & So, I pushed my car little bit, because I could not see oncoming opposite side Traffic.Suddenli, I saw 2 cars chasing each-other at80 miles & I immediately stopped my car & let go both cars, but during this process, first car-driver lady lost her control on her car &she hit fence and bounced back on road. She got Scared & driver behind car also lost the control &both cars collided lady got little bit injured. But, in whole incident I was not at Fault. then police & ambulance came & then police talked to them and then came to me & without listening my one word gave me Ticket for $ 132.00. So, persons who were at fault spared wihtout any penalty & i who was not Guity has been penalized.As, I was not at all Fault, I want Pled Not Guilty in Court. In this regared I need your Suggestons, So, I can Prove myself Innocent. Thanks in Advance.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

What does the ticket say that you did wrong? Is there a statute number written on the ticket?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Actually, When I got Ticket by police, I did not read ticket &I just put in my pocket.When after two days I looked for Ticket, I could find Nothing. I tried to search in whole house, but in vain. then, I called Court &they advised me to wait upto next week because yet ticket not in court system & that time I can request for Not Guilty.

Thank you.

Honestly, without knowing what you're accused of doing, it's hard to give specific information. But what I can tell you is that you do have an absolute right to make them prove the charges against you. That means that you can go in, plead not guilty, and request a trial. When you go to court, the judge will tell you what you are accused of doing wrong. You can go to the clerk of the court before you enter the courtroom to ask for a copy of the ticket.

It's not your job as the person accused of doing something to prove that you're innocent. It's their job, as the police to prove that you're guilty. That means that they have to tell you what you're supposed to have done wrong, and then they'll give you a trial. At the trial, you'll be allowed to question police and try to show that they are wrong about what happened.

You also have the option of hiring a lawyer to represent you in court. The only thing you should be aware of is that a lawyer can't guarantee that you'll win - especially without seeing the ticket - and the lawyer will cost more than the ticket.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. I am happy to answer additional follow-up questions after rating at no charge once you have received a copy of your ticket. Thank you.

Lucy, Esq. and 4 other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you