How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 33024
Experience:  Former Asst State Attorney/Hearing Officer
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got a DUI in Montana under Kansas drivers license four years

This answer was rated:

I got a DUI in Montana under Kansas driver's license four years ago. I believe the Justice Department sent all of the documents back to Kansas. I received a DUI in Montana a few days ago under a Montana driver's license. I went to court and it was listed as first offense and accepted plea bargain. Can the Justice Department overturn this if they still had documents from previous DUI?
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.

No, it would require the prosecution reopening the case by motion. That is very unlikely, as the state does not typically reopen cases once disposed. Additionally, it is even more unlikely that anyone will look for your Kansas driving record (or any other state's).

So, consider this a lucky break.

It is my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further information.  I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you.  I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Even if the State Justicement Dept so happened to have previous documents from the earlier DUI? I went to court the day after the most recent incident and the Judge signed all documents as first offense. Just worried when these current documents get filed at the State, they will notice perhaps documents from previous incident?

The state will not cross check. Their record is going to be listed against the current driver's license. Remember, you are one of hundreds of records they get every day.

Do not worry. The risk is minimal.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Loren and 2 other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "JudgeLaw" or use the following link (which you can bookmark in your browser):

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please do rate me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.