How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 34005
Experience:  Former Asst State Attorney/Hearing Officer
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was cited under OR811.265 for failing to observe a temporary

This answer was rated:

I was cited under OR811.265 for failing to observe a temporary stop sign and making a left turn, with the highway ahead being closed to traffic and diverted left or right.

In revisiting the scene I noticed the mobile stop sign situated down low and off to the right of the traffic lane (but partly obscured by traffic cones). I also noticed that the overhead traffic signals were indeed flashing red.

I was wondering whether I could successfully argue (I took photos) that the traffic cones partly obscured the Stop sign - or because the Traffic signals were there would I lose that anyway?
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma.   I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.

I was, actually, very confident about your chances until you mentioned the flashing red lights. While the obscured temporary stop sign would be a valid defense, the presence of unobscured flashing red lights cancels out the defense and it would fail at trial, in all likelihood.

You may be better off checking with the clerk of the court to see if traffic school is available in your county. It would keep the citation from adding points to your license and increasing your insurance rates.

It is my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further information.  I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you.  I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

Loren and 2 other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "JudgeLaw" or use the following link (which you can bookmark in your browser):

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, Paul, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please do rate me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.