How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nate Your Own Question
Nate, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 10685
Experience:  Eight years of fighting traffic infractions.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Nate is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Son (he is 21) is stationed in Virginia and was in a fender

This answer was rated:

My Son (he is 21) is stationed in Virginia and was in a fender bender. He was ticketed for following to closely. I am thinking about getting a traffic lawyer from Va. to fight the ticket, but was wonder if we decide to pay the ticket or the lawyer is unable to get it removed will the points transfer to his Pennsylvania license.
Thank you for your question. Be sure to go ahead and bookmark for future questions.

Both Pennsylvania and Virginia are part of the Driver License Compact (DLC), where 46 states share information with each other. However, Pennsylvania only transfers points in the case of major traffic violations, such as driving under the influence or manslaughter. Following too closely would not transfer from Virginia to Pennsylvania and would not affect his Pennsylvania license.

Pennsylvania's DMV has an information brochure on how they participate in the DLC. That can be found here

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Nate and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you