How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CriminalDefense Your Own Question
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 27992
Experience:  10 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
CriminalDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Wrong place, wrong time, 22350 UC Unsafe Speed; i was ticketed

This answer was rated:

Wrong place, wrong time, 22350 UC Unsafe Speed; i was ticketed for no reason when the silver Honda SUV in front of me refused to stop and got away from the CHP(California Highway Patrol), CHP ambush officer was standing in the middle of the street trying to stop the motorist infront of me who drove away, CHP was backfacing me and i did not even know he was a CHP, and i slowed down alongside him to see what was going on, he then waved me in and incredibly issued me a ticket for 42mph on a 25mph??? total lie, when he did not even a speedgun in his hand, and in any case, he could not detect my speed because the SUV is infront of me. i was not even speeding, i had already slowed to a stop. I posted bail for trial, i noticed many errors on record; my driver license, my address are all wrong, does it mean if i bring all these facts out, ticket will be dismissed?
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. When you first appear, you can address the errors on the face of the citation and see if the Judge would dismiss the ticket based upon an error with the way it was written. If not, then the issues you raised regarding the officer not having a speed measuring device and the officer not being able to calculate your speed because of the SUV are all issues for trial, which will need to be testified to by you and what you can question the officer about, when he testifies. What you will want to do is create doubt in regard to the speed that you were traveling. You can do this by questioning the officer on how he measured your speed, his training and experience, his viewpoint when he observed you, the SUV and his ability to testify the actions and location of the other driver and anything else which is relevant. If those things come out, the State may not be able to meet their burden and you will be found not guilty.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
CriminalDefense and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you