Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own practice.
18572087

What are my options for minimizing / eliminating entirely any

What are my options for minimizing / eliminating entirely any points associated with a speeding violation (ticket) incurred in another state (if I have an AZ license)?
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Fran: I have not rec'd an answer yet, but not sure what additional information you need to answer my question. If this is going to be too complicated, then I would suggest closing out the question (and I assume under this scenario I would not be billed anything, since there would be no answer). If not - and if it is simply a matter of locating someone who has the information (I would assume any attorney that practices traffic law in the state of AZ would have this information readily available) then I would still appreciate a solid answer. So - please let me know how you would suggest proceeding.

Thanks.

Kurt

Thank you. We need no further information to search for an expert. We will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.
Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

What, if anything, have you tried in eliminating your points? How many points do you currently have on your license?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have tried nothing yet. I'm just trying to understand options for minimizing points from an out-of-state ticket. And I currently have 0 points.

Thank you for your follow-up. I appreciate the clarification.

There are no expungements or removals available for points once they are obtained. There are typically only two ways, short of not receiving points to get them off your record. The first is time--with good driving points will be removed gradually from your record if you do not obtain further violations. The other is signing up and pursuing Driver Defensive School classes, which in some instances can help remove points faster from your record. This can be pursued even if the points are coming in from other states. Please consider going to this link below for the schools information if that is the approach you wish to take:

http://www.azdot.gov/mvd/driver/driverimprovement.asp

Good luck.

Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience: Run my own practice.