How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, 17 year experience including traffic law.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I got a ticket for no driver license

Customer Question

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I got a ticket for no driver license am illegal here and I have court and 2 weeks so I want to know if going to court is the right thing to do
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome, Antonio.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

What do you hope to achieve under these circumstances? Was the officer aware that you are not legally in the country?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He ask for a identification so gave him my consular car So am assuming he knew am not legal

Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.

I see. Thank you for providing this additional information, Antonio.

Since you are an unlicensed driver and in the country unlawfully, this citation could result in being deported out of the country unfortunately.

Your best defense for opposing a citation for driving without a license is to obtain a license, but since you cannot, you would typically be found guilty of the infraction, so it woud be best if you retained a local criminal or traffic law attorney to appear at the hearing on your behalf.

If you do not appear at the hearing, a bench warrant for your arrest will typically be issued, so if you are stopped in the future you would be immediately arrested, so it is not advisable to fail to appear, but if you do appear you could be deported. Therefore, retaining a local attorney to appear on your behalf would normally be the best option to avoid being arrested or deported.

Here is a link which summarizes the law on this issue in CA:

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!


Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.
Hello again Antonio,
I wanted to thank you for using JustAnswer, and to inquire whether my answer was helpful in clarifying your understanding of the law even though it may not have resulted in the outcome you were hoping it would.
Is there anything else I can assist you with?
If you do not require further legal information at this time, please feel free to bookmark my profile so you can request me when you do have another question. Here is a link to my profile:
Thank you very much and all the best to you.