How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 34070
Experience:  Former Asst State Attorney/Hearing Officer
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my daughter is from NC and doing internship in Atlanta. She

Customer Question

my daughter is from NC and doing internship in Atlanta. She received a speeding ticket 78mph in a 55 in College Park Ga. What avenue should be taken to avoid points or insurance increase?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Loren replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you, but I believe I have information which you will find helpful.

Your daughter needs to follow the instructions on the citation for appearing in court for a hearing. At that time, she can request to take a driving school class which would allow her to pay a fine and not have the speeding ticket count against her NC license or insurance. It is up to the court to allow this resolution, but if she has a clean record it should not be a problem.

Obviously, this assumes that there is not a valid defense and that the prosecutor is able to prove its case.

She may wish to retain an attorney to represent her in court to ensure that the best possible resolution is obtained.

It is my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further information.  I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you.  I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

Expert:  Loren replied 4 years ago.
Hello Kevin,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going.
Did I answer your question?