How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 116707
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got a traffic ticket for prohibited cell phone use and not

This answer was rated:

I got a traffic ticket for prohibited cell phone use and not having a issued licence. it's total of $560 which is not a lot but I'm in the process of getting my paperwork (greencard, id etc) and unfotunately i can't get a licence until they give me my id work permit etc. This is happenning for the second time.the first time was almost 2 years ago and i went to courthouse straight and pleaded guilty and paid the fee without knowing i could've dealt and got it dismissed or i could have done something that has less negative affects to my side. I live in LA so driving a car is crucial for running errands. Since the Government has been making me wait (which has been more than 2 years now) i don't want to pay for this ticket anymore. I want either to pay less (maybe with going to court and dealing with it)or  get it dismissed somehow.


Should i go to court instead of paying the bail straight ?

which one is the best option ?

or do you have better suggestion ?

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

You can go to court and plead not guilty, but I am afraid that the judge is going to tell you not to drive without a license and for a second offense you can have a license suspension for up to 1 year. Thus, what you need to do is go to court with an attorney because the attorney is going to have to negotiate this with the prosecutor, as the prosecutor will not negotiate with a defendant (you) directly on this type of charge.

If you are going to insist on driving without a license, then you need to be more careful and not commit any violations to cause the police to want to stop you, because it is against the law to drive without a license and no matter what your excuse if you get caught a third time you are looking at up to 1 year in jail.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you