Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

My husband is traveling with our 2 sons on his way back to

NY. My 17 yr...
My husband is traveling with our 2 sons on his way back to NY. My 17 yr was driving (permit) and got a speeding ticket in WI. Of course, said teenager will pay fine. Will points go on his NY permit? Thanks.
6/28/2013
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon Esta,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your son's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Your son was fortunate enough to get his ticket in one of just 5 states in the US that do not participate in the nationwide Driver's License Compact. All 45 other states report convictions of traffic tickets to the home state of the driver. The other non-reporting states are Georgia, Massachusetts, Michigan, and Tennessee.

No, you son will not get points on his license and NY won't find out about the citation.

You may reply back to me using the Continue the Conversation or Reply to Expert link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you when our communication is completed.

I wish you the best in 2013,

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney

Thanks, Doug. Something to be grateful for....it happened in one of the only 5 states. Phew! It's pretty straight forward from here. Son will pay traffic fine and hopefully learn lesson.

Thanks for your help and being available. Have a great day.

Esta

Thank you for your positive rating of my service, Esta. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope than you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise.

Please feel free to bookmark the following link so you can request me to answer any future legal questions you may have:
http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-lawtalk/

Thanks again.

Doug

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.
LawTalk, Attorney