How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CriminalDefense Your Own Question
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 28043
Experience:  10 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
CriminalDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Driving under suspension, falsification, stop sign violation

Customer Question

Driving under suspension, falsification, stop sign violation - possible scenarios i am looking at?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 4 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. What was the basis of the suspension and what was falsified? Are you a first time offender? What State was this in?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

1) under suspension until 12/2014

2) Ohio

3) Not a first time offender - first offense though in 5+ years

4) Falsified using my brothers information

5) All of this for running a stop sign I didn't see


Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information. If the officer had a legal basis to stop you ( i.e. running a stop sign), then there would be no basis to support a motion to suppress the stop. Moreover, if you knew your license was suspended and intentionally provided the officer with your brother information, knowing it was not true, this is not likely a case that would proceed to trial either. As such, it may be in your best interest to speak with the State about a plea deal. These are all nonviolent crimes and if you have stayed out of trouble for 5+ plus years, the State may not be looking to incarcerate. If anything, you would be facing a fine, court costs, probation and possible community service. When you appear in court, you can ask the prosecutor handling the case for an offer to resolve this. Of course, this could also extend the time of suspension as well.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.