How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalEagle1 Your Own Question
LegalEagle1, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 793
Experience:  Practicing Criminal and Traffic Attorney for over 22 years.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
LegalEagle1 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I paid a ticket in 09 cannot prove it- I have one 08 forgot

This answer was rated:

I paid a ticket in 09 but cannot prove it- I have one (registration) ticket in 08 that I forgot as well- have moved to Honolulu and need a copy of my drivers license but when I went they told me I had two tickets with collections-if I have to pay it again I will not be satisfied and will not approve payment

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to assist you with your question today.

Are you saying you have previously paid one or both of the tickets?

And with respect to the tickets you have paid, do you recall how it is that you paid the tickets?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I sent a money order on the one I paid but it was over three years ago- NOW I get accused of not paying? The other one I really did forget


What jurisdiction issued the tickets and is that where you are residing now?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it was on the big island in Kona- I was living in Hawi on BI then but have lived here in Honolulu for the last year and five months

I am assuming that you have lost your copy of the money order. Do you recall where you purchased the money order, the approximate date your purchased it and the amount of the money order?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no- it was just after it was due and I sent it from Kona

Is traveling back to Kona for hearing on the ticket an affordable and viable option for you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no- It would cost too much-I wish I could- I am sorry to have bothered you. I know that there is nothing I can do about it---I am stuck with paying double. The ads just got me with promising that I didn't have to pay if I was not satisfied. Obviously I am not.


I live on 718 per month social security disability check so flying or going anywhere is out of the question.

I understand, one thing you may want to try doing is to write to them and explain your situation, there is a small chance someone may be able to waive some late fees. Calling the court and asking if there is a way to contest or ask for leniency in writing will let you know if this is an option. If you want to close the question you can contact customer service or I can refer the question to them.

Good Luck!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the expert is fine but as I stated there is no answer that will be ok

You did not have to give me a poor rating in order to ask for a refund.
LegalEagle1 and 5 other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I stated that you were fine there is just no good answer


I'll refer you question to question to customer service.