Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

Dear Sir,I was issued a citation in the state of WI, where

Dear Sir/Madam, I was issued a...

Dear Sir/Madam,

I was issued a citation in the state of WI (EAU Claire County), where I was driving at a speed of 70 to 72, on a limit of 65 posted, but the Officer wrote the citation with observed speed = 78. There were few more cars travelling around my car in different speeds. I have doubt over the which car's speed the device measured. And 4 demerit points were added to my driving record, considering it as Probationary license. It may be a probationary license in WI, but I have been a driver with license in other states of US, for past 2 years. Can this case be challenged and possibilities exist for a win?

2/18/2013
joelaws8
joelaws8, Attorney
I am an attorney and am happy to help you with this.

Did you plead guilty already and pay the fine?

I look forward to assisting you.

No Sir. I have not yet pleaded guilty, nor paid the fine. It just happened couple of days back. Also, My conscious is not letting me to plead guilty, when I have not driven at 78, but was written so.

Need your help.

Good. You should definitely plead NOT GUILTY. I recommend that you hire a traffic law attorney that can appear on your behalf and argue your case. He should be able to negotiate with the prosecutor and have your ticket dismissed or reduced so it won't appear on your record. Traffic court attorneys are relatively cheap and in situations like this - they are worth the money.

I hope that answers your question! If so, please positively rate my answer. Otherwise, I will receive no compensation for my work. Experts only receive compensation for answers when the customer rates the answer. Rating my answer will NOT preclude you from asking follow up questions in the future, should any arise. In fact, if you rate my answer, your follow up questions will be my highest priority! If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

If you feel the need to click either "Bad service" or "Poor service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be very happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek at no additional charge.

Thank you very much,
Joe
joelaws8
joelaws8, Attorney

Dear Sir,

I am happy to see your detailed reply. Also, I am glad to rate Excellent service on the ratings. Just adding another query in this regard - The citation is a "Court appearance not required" one. If I need to contest the citation, do I need to appear in court along with the Attorney or can he speak on my behalf in my absence? Please let me know, which will help me to plan better.

Regards

Senthil Kaliannan

Dear sir,

I replied you with the below question during our last conversation on this subject. could you please respond and assist me regarding the court appearance requirements. Refer below mail.

Dear Sir,

Regards

Senthil Kaliannan

I am very sorry. There must have been a glitch on the site resulting in me not receiving any notification of your first reply.

To answer your question, your attorney can appear on your behalf to contest the citation.

I wish you the best.
joelaws8
joelaws8
joelaws8, Attorney