How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SoloLawyer Your Own Question
SoloLawyer, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 3471
Experience:  I help clients deal with traffic tickets on a weekly basis.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
SoloLawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son was pulled over for a dui in 2011 in Starkville, MS.

This answer was rated:

My son was pulled over for a dui in 2011 in Starkville, MS. He appealed the conviction.
His license was out of state (OHIO) during the appeal the courts did not notify Ohio he appealed until it was to late and they suspeneded his license. The courts continued his case a few times and was finally heard June 2012.
He went to trial June 2012 the Judge said he will make a decision if he can review the film from the offiicer because it was distored and the evidence was not strong. The decision has yet to be made and it is now October 2012. His lawyer has relocated to another state. I continue to call the courts and they say they are still waiting for the Judge to decide. Is there anything that can be done? This is holding up employment for my son since Ohio has the suspension on his license and he no longer lives in Mississippi.

SoloLawyer :

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I'm a Mississippi attorney who practices DUI law; I'm happy to help.


SoloLawyer :

Unfortunately, Judges have a "reasonable time" to make their Orders and therefore there is no law you can quote to force the Judge to make the Order. I agree that it has taken too long and the time has become unreasonable. My suggestion would be to talk to a local lawyer there (new), and have him either 1) speak to the Jugdge/clerks (local lawyers often know the Judges/clerks personally) or 2) File a motion in his court to get his attention. Either way, the Judge needs to be reminded to go ahead and make the call.


SoloLawyer :

If I can answer anything further, let me know. Remember, I'm here to help and your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you don't have any questions and you valued my time, I'd ask you to consider rating me positively.

Take care,




Thank you!


SoloLawyer :

NO problem. :)


SoloLawyer :

Is there anything else I can help you with?


SoloLawyer and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

As of 11/19 the judge has yet to rule on his case.

I'm sorry to hear about your continuing dilemma.

Did you take any of the advice I mentioned and did any of it do any good?