How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttorneyTom Your Own Question
AttorneyTom, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 9176
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
AttorneyTom is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi,i was given a citation for speeding by a cop who was driving

Resolved Question:

hi,i was given a citation for speeding by a cop who was driving on opposite direction on single high way, when he was behind traffic on his side and said he clocked me speeding.and about 1\2 mile was traffic coming on my side.and he first looked at me to turn around.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer your question. I am sending this answer to you only a few minutes after you submitted your question.
Fighting a traffic ticket can be difficult and complicated, as judges are often more willing to believe the accounts of officers than the statements of drivers. This is because, in the judge's eyes, an officer is generally the party in the matter with the least to gain from any outcome. However, if you can show that the officer could not possibly have determined your speed, that could potentially provide you with a defense to the charge. Realistically, that could be difficult, especially if you try to do it yourself. Therefore, your best bet would be to retain a traffic ticket attorney to handle the matter (often very reasonable, as representation for a ticket often starts at around $100 per violation). Your attorney can attempt to develop and field a defense, if the facts support one, and/or he can attempt to negotiate for a favorable deal, such as withholding adjudication, whereby no points would be assessed so as to avoid affecting insurance premiusm.
AttorneyTom and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you