Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Im buying a 1978 RV from the state of AZ. with registration…

Customer Question
I'm buying a 1978 RV...
I'm buying a 1978 RV from the state of AZ. with registration from that state what will I need to do when I bring it into CA. to register it here
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Traffic Law
3/8/2012
Traffic Lawyer: dmvdoctor, DMV LAW replied 6 years ago
dmvdoctor
dmvdoctor, DMV LAW

dmvdoctor :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m the “DMV” Doctor. I have over 30 yrs of 50 State DMV services experience to offer YOU.

dmvdoctor :

okay, allow me to look into this for you...

Customer:

is this the answer?

dmvdoctor :

okay, here's that info you requested

dmvdoctor :

see CA DMV smog info - http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/smogfaq.htm#BM2535

dmvdoctor :

If you have any further questions please ask otherwise please don't forget to click the accept button so that I'm paid for providing this info. Thank you!

Customer:

Im even more confused now! The site you direte

Customer:

I'm confused? the site you sent me too says all vehicles over 30 years old are exempt from smog, but looking in the exempt smog page is say,s

dmvdoctor :

allow me to assist you...I'll review smog info for you...please allow me a few mins please, thank you!

Customer:

I'm now even more confused the site you sent me to has twodifferent answers for smog exemption. First they say any vehicle over 30 years old is exempt then typical CA. they state that only vehicles 1975 or older are exempt!! So what gives?9)!

dmvdoctor :

okay, 1981 and older RV's are exempt from the smog inspection

dmvdoctor :

Customer:

This did nothing for me!!!!!!!!!

dmvdoctor
dmvdoctor, DMV LAW